Directlight Terms & Conditions
Placing an order with directlight.co.uk for any product shall constitute acceptance that you agree to our standard terms and conditions as set out below: if you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions please do not place an order with www.directlight.co.uk.
The www.directlight.co.uk website is operated by: REFINED LIGHTING LIMITED
Warehouse, Showroom and Offices at Unit 13 Duckworth Court, Grafton Street Retail Park, Milton Keynes MK6 2RX
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01908 673368 Fax: 01908.668763
1. Legally Binding Contract
These terms and conditions apply to sale of all goods supplied by www.directlight.co.uk registered office address; Linwood House, Lichfield Road, Hopwas, Tamworth Staffordshire. B78 3AN, registered in England and Wales No. 08418081
All correspondence must be sent to the offices at Unit 13 Duckworth Court, Grafton Street Retail Park, Milton Keynes MK6 2RX
1. Once we are in full receipt of your order and we have cleared funds there is a binding legal contract between us.
2. Once you have placed your order you will be notified via-email. As stated in 1.1 once payment is received in full you are bound to contract and you have entered into a legally binding contract which is subject to our terms and conditions.
3. We have the right to amend or alter our terms and conditions at any given time without giving you, ‘the customer’, any notice.
1. Our displayed prices are inclusive of VAT.
2. We have the right to alter prices and goods displayed on our website at any time.
3. All products shown on our website are subject to availability. We endeavour to inform you if any products you’ve ordered are out of stock or discontinued. You will be offered a refund or a possible alternative product which may be suitable.
4. We endeavour to ensure all displayed prices on our website are accurate however, if a product is priced incorrectly we will contact you as soon as possible and offer you the opportunity to replace your order. If the price displayed is showing significantly lower than correct price and therefore the discrepancy is vast we have the right to cancel your order. If your order is cancelled by either party you will be refunded or at your request offered an alternative.
5. In some circumstances you may be required to pay an additional delivery charge.
6. All measurements and descriptions are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and modification without prior notification. Please be aware that colour/finish of the product may not be a true likeness, particularly in the case of handmade products.
7. A small percentage of products require you, ‘the customer’, to assemble and/or adjust before installation. Most crystal fittings require dressing (hanging the crystals from the frame). Crystals are sometimes packaged separately to the light fitting itself. The main reason for this is safe transportation of product. If you require over the phone assistance we are always happy to help.
8. Please note. There may be a price difference between goods for sale on our web site and those goods for sale in our showrooms.
1. We accept payment for the goods and delivery charges via Paypal. All funds must be cleared before goods are despatched. Payment must be made in advance and at the time of placing the order. No goods are despatched until cleared funds are received in our bank. We reserve the right to refund you in full at any time prior to goods being despatched.
2. All payments shall be made by you for the amount stated on your order.
1. Whereby you, ‘the customer’, refuses delivery of your goods as per the Distance Selling Regulations we agree to refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your bank, less any expenses incurred for return carriage costs.
2. A failed delivery whereby you have not been at your stated delivery address to accept delivery of the goods or did not provide alternative delivery instructions in advance will result in your payment being refunded minus delivery costs incurred by us.
3. Once you are in receipt of your goods you will be asked to sign for the goods which is your acceptance that the goods are in good condition. If you are unable to check the contents of the package please ensure you sign for the goods “UNCHECKED”. If you do not do this it may affect any claims that you make thereafter.
4. Upon receipt of your order you must immediately check for damages and/or shortages. Claims for damages and/or shortages have to be made within 48 hours of receipt of your delivery. If goods are returned to us at any time they must be in their original packaging and undamaged.
5. Liability for the goods are at your risk from the time of delivery and if they are to be returned must be kept in a dry and safe environment.
6. Ownership of the goods
1. Business customer – you are bound by these terms and conditions up until the goods are legally owned by you (once payment is cleared funds). You must:
2. Retain goods so that they are easily identifiable as the Supplier’s property;
3. Refrain from disposing of any packaging, refrain from marking or defacing any packaging or the goods themselves. Store the goods in a dry and safe environment. Ensure the goods are insured on the Supplier’s behalf for their full price. At our request you should be able to supply us with a copy of your insurance certificate.
4. Any business customer’s right to possession of the goods shall terminate immediately if a bankruptcy order has been made against you or you are in the process of liquidation/administration (whether voluntary or compulsory against you or you are unable to pay your debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or you cease to trade;.
7. Customers Rights of Cancellation and Returns Policy:
1. You, ‘the customer’, are within your rights to return or cancel your contract with us www.directlight.co.uk at any time within the first 7 working days after you are in receipt of the goods. However these rights are null and void if the goods have been fitted, assembled or modified in any way. You must return the goods in their original packaging and the goods must be in the same condition upon which they were received. Any goods which have been actually manufactured specifically for you ‘the customer’ cannot be returned for credit.
2. If you wish to return any goods from www.directlight.co.uk you must complete our online returns form. If you require any assistance completing this form please call us on 01908 673368.
3. Whereby you decide to return products to us it is your responsibility to return the goods to us, www.directlight.co.uk, at your own cost. We will not refund you for the costs incurred by you to return the goods. The goods must be returned to Unit 13 Duckworth Court, Grafton Street Retail Park, Milton Keynes MK6 2RX. It is your responsibility to ensure the goods are not damaged in transit and that we receive them in the same condition upon which you received them.
4. Under the circumstances whereby you do not return the goods as required, we are within are rights to charge you a sum not exceeding the direct costs of recovering the goods.
5. Upon receiving authorisation to return goods to us you must do so within 7 days from the date of us accepting the cancellation of the contract.
6. Please be aware that the Consumer Distance Selling Regulations do not apply for Business to Business transactions.
8. Goods Warranty
1. All products supplied by us carry a 12 month warranty unless otherwise stated and excluding lamps (bulbs), although this does not affect your statutory rights.
2. Your warranty does not apply to the following: any minor or major defect in the goods arising from general wear and tear, damage with intent, accidental damage, any form of negligence by you or any third party, whereby the goods have been used in any other way other than recommended by the Manufacturer. If you fail to conform to these instructions, or attempt any alterations or repairs to the goods without our approval your warranty is null and void.
3. Whereby your goods are received and you discover they are damaged you must notify us in writing via the e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 48 hours. Upon returning damaged goods you will initially be responsible for returning the goods to us at your own cost. Once we are in receipt of your goods and we confirm the goods are ‘damaged’ you will be issued with a refund for the carriage costs incurred. It is your responsibility to ensure the goods are not damaged further during transit.
4. If you suspect your goods have a defect during the 12 month warranty or you are unsatisfied with the goods during the first 12 months please contact us in writing via the e-mail address (email@example.com) If this contact with us results in you returning the goods to us you will be responsible for ensuring we receive them in an undamaged state. You will also bear the cost of returning the goods. As long as the goods are returned as required you will be refunded for the carriage costs incurred with 30 days upon us receiving the goods. Please be aware you need to obtain quotes for the return carriage and have our agreement prior to returning the goods. It may be more financially viable for us to collect the goods from you and charge you in advance and then refund you in future subject to the terms stated above.
5. Be aware that goods returned under the 12 month warranty will be subject to a full inspection before replacements are despatched or repairs carried out. Occasionally we may have to return the goods to the manufacturer(s). Of course we aim to carry out this procedure as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Please be aware that if the goods are not be faulty or we discover they have been subject to misuse or they have been installed incorrectly we will have no alternative but to return the goods to you ‘the customer’ at your cost.
6. All anti-corrosion guarantees are dependent on geographical location and you must adhere to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Unfortunately, some coastal regions will have an effect on the anti-corrosion properties of some products and may therefore invalidate the anti-corrosion guarantee. Further information can be obtained from www.directlight.co.uk prior to you making your purchase/installation. For further information please call us on 01908 673368 and we will do our best to help.
9. Product Installation
1. It is your responsibility to ensure the goods are installed correctly by a qualified electrician.
2. Please be aware that as of 1st January 2005 any installation may be subject to Part P of the current building regulations. Your local building regulations office will be able to provide further information on this. If you install the products yourself it may result in your warranty being invalid. Please ensure your products are installed by a qualified electrician.
10. Liability Limitations
1. Our liability limitation is limited to the price of the goods and nothing exceeding that amount. Our total liability as per our terms and conditions which includes negligence or breach of statutory duty, performance, misrepresentation.
2. All Business customers – we www.directlight.co.uk are not held liable to you for any type of loss or damage, whether for loss of profit, loss of business sales, affected goodwill, costs, expenses or any other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever.
11. Data Protection
1. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office, whereby we work with them to promote and protect public access to official information and to protect your personal information. Their details are as follows: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF. Our registration for data protection number is Z237068X. We always take the utmost care with your personal information and use Sagepay for you payments. However, we are will not be held liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
1. Our terms of sale and the supply of the goods to you are all subject to English law and the English Legal System. English courts will have full jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from a contract made between www.directlight.co.uk and ‘the customer’.
13. Copyright Notice
1. Please be aware all content in our terms and conditions is the copyright of www.directlight.co.uk and we reserve the right to take legal action if any person(s) or business is found using the content found on Directlight.co.uk web site without permission in advance.
2. Please also be aware that www.directlight.co.uk is trademarked and any business or individual attempting to profit or benefit in any way with our name may be liable for damages and could if we so wish have a court injunction placed upon them.
14. Pricing Policy
1. All prices displayed on www.directlight.co.uk include VAT.
2. As per our website our carriage is charged at the checkout. The customer is responsible for selecting the appropriate carriage for their goods. If the customer wittingly or unwittingly selects the incorrect carriage charge they will be informed. Please be aware that if this is in the customers favour then further charges will be deducted from their bank. If the customer has been overcharged for carriage then we will refund the customer within 7 days. In the customer’s interest we regularly review and amend prices on our website to remain competitive and to offer the customer the best possible prices. We however have the right to change prices any time on our website without notice.
3. Please note. There may be a price difference between goods for sale on our web site and those goods for sale in our showrooms.
4. Our Company’s registration number is 08418081, registered in England. Our VAT number is 158.5779.53. Our registered office is Linwood House, Lichfield Road, Hopwas, Tamworth Staffordshire. B78 3AN.
15. Force Majeure
1. The company shall not incur any liability for failure to perform any obligation under any contract if such failure is the direct result of anything beyond the company’s control.
16. Our Company Details:
Owned by: Refined Lighting Limited,
Unit 13 Duckworth Court
Grafton Street Retail Park
Tel: 01908 673368
Company Reg: 08418081 Showroom Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm (Monday – Saturday), 11.00am – 4.00pm (Sunday), 10.30am – 4.00pm (Bank Holidays)